• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Alias Domains

R

root66

Hello!

is there a way to point multiple domains to the same apache folder without using a redirect? Manually i would do this with multiple virtual hosts and the same DocumentRoot (Apache) statement, but how it works with Plesk 7.5?

Regards,
root66

Although this is probably one of the most frequently requested features, Plesk has yet to implement this.

Plesk is one of our favorite control panels, but this is a serious shortcoming and probably the last hurdle that keeps us from making Plesk our standard control panel for all systems.

Originally posted by chris@virtbiz
Although this is probably one of the most frequently requested features, Plesk has yet to implement this.

Plesk is one of our favorite control panels, but this is a serious shortcoming and probably the last hurdle that keeps us from making Plesk our standard control panel for all systems.

Ok, thanks for your reply.

How can I add custom changes to the apache vhosts, so Plesk isn't overwriting them each time?

I found an example in this forum regarding a file named vhost.conf in the /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/conf folder, but there is no such a file. There are only three files called httpd.include, httpd.include.new and webalizer.conf and if I change them, Plesk does overwrite them.

Are you replacing the "domain.tld" part with the real domain of the site you wish to change?

Also, note that vhost.conf is not created by default. If you want to add changes that are not to be overwritten, you create your own vhost.conf. You can put ServerAlias directives in there, and they will function.

The only problem we have had with this is that you must be certain to document it for later because it's out of the normal configuration, and therefore if one of your support reps does not know about it, it can be overlooked.

BTW - if I understand correctly, Plesk 8 will add support for domain aliases. We are anxiously awaiting a beta release that we can install on current Enterprise class linux (ie: CentOS 4).

Back