• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue All websites point to default page

flash5k

New Pleskian
I have looked at #118348. This was caused by fail2ban updating using the epel repo instead of the plesk repo. Problems don't start right away. They begin with excessive memory usage with Dr Web, fail2ban zombies, and watchdog cycles these services. Plesk is unable to update records without timing out. Then all the websites over multiple IPs start pointing to the default page.

I have uninstalled the epel repo fail2ban and replaced it with the plesk version. I have re-started the drwebd and watchdog services. I have disabled the epel repo and uninstalled all packages that use it. I have rebooted the server.

Still no success. Any ideas?

It seemed like the networking was set up correctly. I have set up a VPS container once but never figured out how to get the networking part right. Since this is within a VPS container, I'm in pretty dark waters here. I used IPTRAF to look at the packets and the pattern does not match what is shown in the example. What I get is:
d05806e6.example.com:60815 -> d05806e6.example.com:7081 iface lo
d05806e6.example.com:7081 -> d05806e6.example.com:60815 iface lo
example.com:7080 -> example.com:48807 iface lo
example.com:7080 -> example.com:48807 iface lo
As I copy this, the d05806e6.example.com is new to me. I have only seen example.com:port. I recognize ports 7080-708x as my websites port numbers. I just checked the websites and the issue seems to be fixed. My provider responds with
The issue was due to the corrupted plesk-core package which is now fixed by installing the required packages.

By disabling the epel repo, I think I have made the permanent change needed to avoid this problem in the future. How does one test for corrupted packages or is that found by experience (and actually knowing how everything works)?

Back