• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Allow port for jenkins

hassan.akhtar

New Pleskian
hi need suggestion, I deployed Jenkins on server when i take ssh and curl from cli it works perfectly fine. i also allow port 8080 from plesk firewall and disable ubuntu firewall from server. but it wont resolve my query serverip:8080

hello @hassan.akhtar ,

I'd suggest you to check 'Tools & Settings > Customize Plesk URL' and check that Plesk not configured to handle unknown domain names as control panel entry point.
probably request by domain name will work better ?

what does it mean:
but it wont resolve my query serverip:8080
please provide error message for further investigation

hello @hassan.akhtar ,

I'd suggest you to check 'Tools & Settings > Customize Plesk URL' and check that Plesk not configured to handle unknown domain names as control panel entry point.
probably request by domain name will work better ?

what does it mean:

please provide error message for further investigation
there is no error , I deploy Jenkins on server when I curl it from cli it works fine but from browser it wont be accessible from port 8080. i also create rule in firewall to allow incoming traffic on port 8080 but browser dont resolve query

@hassan.akhtar , is your jenkins ports forwarded to 0.0.0.0 interface (and available globally) or it forwarded to the 127.0.0.1 and available localy only?

did it respond to curl from ANOTHER server or you checked it from your plesk server ?

@hassan.akhtar , is your jenkins ports forwarded to 0.0.0.0 interface (and available globally) or it forwarded to the 127.0.0.1 and available localy only?

did it respond to curl from ANOTHER server or you checked it from your plesk server ?
when i run curl localhost:8080 it works but when i run https or http://serverip:8080 jenkins wont be accessible. i also allow port 8080 in firewall rules for all incoming traffic . and also disable firewall but it wont work.'

@hassan.akhtar , looks like your jenkins listen 8080 on local interface only (127.0.0.1:8080 )
you can verify it by executing
Code:
ss -nptl |grep 8880

You need to reconfigure jenkins to bind interface 0.0.0.0 (or *:8880 or :::8880 , depends from your system configuration)

Back