• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Amazon AMI - HVM EBS-Backed T2 Instance type availability?

quijibo

New Pleskian
Hello,

I am currently a reseller with Parallels and we host many panels for our clients and we're planning on moving shared hosting to amazon however there is a problem with the current AMI type.

Amazon had notified us that the PV type will be EOL and the hardware support will also be EOL meaning if any hardware issues arise on these on these old types of hardware they will not do anything to fix it.

We currently use m1 devices to host some of our clients and this will pose to be a problem soon. We we wondering when T2 support will be added to the Plesk AMI?

Essentially, all the "smaller" instance types are being deprecated and we'll need T2 support to have a "small" plesk system.

Amazon had notified us that the PV type will be EOL and the hardware support will also be EOL
Can you give me link to official announcement, please? I can't find it.

Initially our images were based on official CentOS images which supported only PV type. But since September 29 CentOS has HVM images which supports T2 type of instances. As far as I know we haven't plans for re-packing images with old Plesk version with support of T2 type. We will release images with support of T2 type for Plesk 12. Unfortunately I have no any ETA.
As possible solution you may switch from M1 to M3.

Back