• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Amendment proposal: Generic font-family in style sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave-ha

Regular Pleskian
In WPB 10 the font-family in a style sheet looks like that:

Example:
font-family: "Comic Sans MS" ;

There is no generic font defined at the end of the statement. If the defined font-family is not available on the user's device the browser just defaults to its standard font. This could lead to unwanted typographic results. However, if a generic font family is defined in the style sheet the browser falls back to one of those, i.e. for a (sans-serif) font like Comic Sans MS it shows a sans-serif font instead.

Proposed amendment (examples):
font-family: "Comic Sans MS",sans-serif;
font-family: "Times New Roman",serif;
font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;
etc.

For specifications see http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#generic-font-families.

I propose to enhance WPB in this direction.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your suggestion -- this looks to be a relatively cheap improvement, so we'll try to do it in 11.1.

Hi Custer,

I wonder what the status/plans for this improvement is. Could you please give me an update?

Hi Dave,

I'm happy to tell you that your request has been implemented in WPB v12. As per RNs:

"Generic fonts are now defined in CSS generated by Presence Builder for newly created sites. Note that this does not affect already existing sites."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back