• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

DevStudio

New Pleskian
Greetings I am working with (Angular 4 not to be mistaken with AngularJS) in PLESK (centOS) 64-bit

Set up steps go nicely as per Angular Docs

Once installed and set up the project can be seen on port 4200 http://localhost:4200/
In my case my.ip.address:4200 or mydomain.com:4200

This does not work. I have turned off PLESK firewall and even added a new rule to allow all incoming on port 4200-4210 and still nothing. Has anyone been able to get this working?

thank you

command line details:
yum install npm
npm uninstall -g angular-cli
npm uninstall -g @angular/cli
npm cache clean
npm install -g @angular/cli@latest
npm install -g typescript
ng new my-app-folder-name
cd my-ap-folder-name
ng serve
netstat -anp | grep ":4200" // is server listening on port 4200 if so what program
sudo lsof -t -i tcp:4200 | xargs kill -9 // kill the program which is listening on 4200

Thank you I tried that. It would do the trick on a naked CentOS box not running plesk.

Did not work due to (perhaps) mitigating factors which have a say on ports within PLESK.
UPDATE: imported angular/CLI using the docker trying to configure through the Plesk control panel using

Websites & Domains > Docker Proxy rules > Add Rule
MyDomain.com / URL
Port: <no options selectable>

This issue has been resolved. It turns out that there are two firewalls on my PLESK Virtual server.
1) the plesk firewall
2) The hosting companies firewall which site outside of the PLESK firewall.

TCP ports have been configured to allow listening and all is well
thank you

But have you tried to deploy it with standard Plesk Node.js support feature?

Yes I have tried it with command line install and as a PLESK extension.

In short it works both ways.

There are some issues with setting up a node.js application in PLESK. It tends to be a little inflexible (Application root and document root in particular).

Given that I am looking to develop all new projects in Angular I will try to find a way to work within the PLESK administration framework. Its like using wordpress - sometimes I hate it (due to how big and inflexible it is) sometimes I love it because you can get so much done so quickly.

Last edited:
hi DevStudio

I have the sam problem on root. it doesn't render server side.
did you solve this ?
do you have any suggestions?

thanks

Back