• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Anonymous FTP issue after upgrade

Nick

New Pleskian
Plesk 12.5, CentOS 6. A few weeks ago there was an issue with Plesk on this server. It ended up being that someone (I'm assuming the customer) initiated an upgrade from 12.0 and it didn't complete or just failed to upgrade everything. I had to contact Plesk support to determine what had happened and they fixed it for me.

Now the issue at hand. Since they fixed the panel anonymous FTP has stopped working. When I attempt to log in anonymously it prompts for a password and entering none results in a failed login. I have verified that Anonymous FTP controls are enabled, Anonymous FTP is turned on and the webspace is on a dedicated IP address. The only thing I see in the logs is this:

Sep 20 09:13:26 XXX-web xinetd[28544]: START: ftp pid=28549 from=::ffff:X.X.X.X
Sep 20 09:13:26 XXX-web proftpd[28549]: warning: "ftp.XXX-web.com" address/port (X.X.X.X:21) already in use by "ProFTPD"
Sep 20 09:13:36 XXX-web xinetd[28544]: EXIT: ftp status=0 pid=28549 duration=10(sec)

Any idea what I need to do to get Anonymous FTP working again? I'm wondering if this is still some lingering issue from the failed upgrade.

Run at least

# plesk repair ftp

or continue to work with Support in the scope of mentioned ticket if you think that it was not completely resolved.

Back