• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Anyone have any issue with upgrade 17 to 17.5 (and using ASL)

larryk

Regular Pleskian
currently on:
OS ‪CentOS Linux 7.2.1511 (Core)‬
Product Plesk Onyx
Version 17.0.17 Update #35, last updated on Oct 2, 2017 03:32 AM

due to issues/bugs/problems that are next to impossible to explain, thinking upgrading to 17.5 will fix them?
WEIRD stuff like 502 errors, apache failing, webmail not working, and other issues/slowness in plesk admin pages.
I saw on plesk help center that some issues mentioned to upgrade, etc.

ANYWAY

I'm running atomicorp ASL and mostly php 7 and nginx domains with Proxy mode turnd off (some sites turned on) ...
my main question is....

HAS anyone in the same/similar situation and upgraded to 17.5?
anything to watch out for?

while everything "should" be good, smooth, no problems... i thought I would ask first :)

THANKS!

No major issues to report with Atomic's modsecurity rules other than having to manually reinstall modsecurity plugin for the updates to continue to work.. not sure about ASL though.

In any case, the upgrade to the new version is good thing. But you should understand that the problems can be caused not only by bugs, but also by incorrect configuration, or by improper use of the service. In this case, the problems will not disappear after the update. Therefore, the correct setup is still required. And you should be ready for this.

thanks... Igor...
BUT me personally... I don't know how to spot or correct or find any issues or improper use of the services.
In general, things run fine... UNTIL they don't. It's like finding a needle in a haystack. Silly things cause them. OR the issues build up until they break.

BY chance, do you know main or important things to look for?
Is there a program to run that can find things or notify me to look at?
This is a HUGE source of stress that has always been with Plesk (or really any panel with lots of domains)???

Is there a check list of items, that you mentioned:
...but also by incorrect configuration, or by improper use of the service.

THANKS for your help!!!!
:)

Larry

thanks...
I was going through some of them, found something not looking correct?

sw-engine.log-20171001
[30-Sep-2017 09:36:19] WARNING: [pool plesk] server reached max_children setting (26), consider raising it
[30-Sep-2017 09:39:21] WARNING: [pool plesk] server reached max_children setting (26), consider raising it
[30-Sep-2017 09:40:30] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[30-Sep-2017 09:40:30] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!
[30-Sep-2017 09:52:09] NOTICE: fpm is running, pid 1387
[30-Sep-2017 09:52:09] NOTICE: ready to handle connections
[30-Sep-2017 09:52:09] NOTICE: systemd monitor interval set to 10000ms

question ...
do you know of specific "things / log entries" that when appear, they mean X. Like common know errors.
IF you see [this entry], it means [this needs to be fixed].

for someone like me... i don't know this stuff and while I can look at 1000s of lines of log files, I'm clueless as what to look for?
So is there a page that list out common errors and what they mean or how to fix them?

thanks
:)

Hi larryk,

pls. have a closer look at the log:
This is "only" a warning, nothing more, nothing less. An ERROR message is something you should take care of. :)

So is there a page that list out common errors and what they mean or how to fix them?
Sorry, larryk. But I don't know of such a "tutorial", but the more you work with log - files and ( possible ) issues/errors/problems as a system - administrator on your server, the more you get used to indications and how to investigate the root causes, which will then help you to resolve the issue/error/problem.

So if a warning is nothing... why log it?

Am I wrong to think there is smoke BEFORE a fire?

I don't understand why there isn't a "common" list of issues (or a tutorial as you called it).

Hi larryk,

So if a warning is nothing... why log it?

Am I wrong to think there is smoke BEFORE a fire?
Yes, you are wrong here. Warnings in log - files just point to something, which you should investigate, because your configuration could possibly be optimized, in order to get rid of the warning.

In your case, the Plesk PHP-FPM-Pool - settings could be increased, to get rid of the warning, but this depends very much on your current users, using the Plesk Control Panel at once and as well depends very much on your current used hardware on your server. I recommend to change the Plesk PHP-FPM-Pool settings only, if you have enough free ram for example. ;) As you don't provide enough informations aboout your server specifications, I recommend to ignore the warning. :)

Pls. note, that MORE informations will always result in MORE and BETTER suggestions for your current issues/errors/problems/questions. ;)

i upgraded last night... while has to take care of /make sure of a couple things.. the upgrade went smooth!!

yeah!!!! Nice Work Plesk :)

Back