• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Apache could not follow symbolic link

changer323

New Pleskian
I already configured the symlink to be owned by <user>: psacln. I want to ask if what is the global config of Apache to allow all sites to use +FollowSymLinks, I am searching for different past post but it seems to involve different Plesk user and groups especially ftp. It is also helpful to have a breakdown of this users to solve my encountered problem

First of all, you should _not_ enable FollowSymLinks on your webserver, as this is potentially dangerous for your webserver/customers. If you really need to access a symlink on your webpage then it's better to use "+SymLinksIfOwnerMatch" and make sure that the symlink destination is owned by the same user and subscription as the symlink source.
Note: You can not symlink files/directories across subscriptions.

If you insist on using "+FollowSymLinks" then you should update your Service Plans and uncheck the box "Restrict the ability to follow symbolic links" in your Service Plan under "Webserver". But again, I highly recommend not to do that.

Thank you for the response, I have already followed the to put the custom directive, also "+FollowSymLinks" and "+SymLinksIfOwnerMatch". I do this because I need to put a subdomain website into a directory. E.G. subdomain.example.com to example.com/subdomain. Is there a recommended recourse for what i want to do? Is there an alternative other than using symlinks. Thanks

Back