• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved AH00037: Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

zihniates

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I'm using Plesk Obsidian on VPS, I created a Laravel project, I migrated the db, everything is fine until here.

When I try to access the images, I get an error like this: AH00037: Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible: /var/www/vhosts/tld/sub.tld/public/public

I add in Apache&Nginx Settings

Options +FollowSymlinks
Options -SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

But it didn't work.

Since the above lines didn't work, I added the above lines to the .htaccess file & I got internal server 500 error.

I rearranged the .htaccess file with the following codes, but still the same result. internal server 500 error.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
<IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
</IfModule>

RewriteEngine On

# Handle Authorization Header
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} .
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

# Redirect Trailing Slashes If Not A Folder...
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (.+)/$
RewriteRule ^ %1 [L,R=301]

# Send Requests To Front Controller...
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^ index.php [L]
</IfModule>

Can you help me about this issue?

Thank you!

my fault! I forgot to uncheck the box.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 13-39-12 Apache nginx Settings for algen liberyus com tr - Liberyus P...png
    Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 13-39-12 Apache nginx Settings for algen liberyus com tr - Liberyus P...png
    8 KB · Views: 30
the problem reappeared.

Here is my .htaccess

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
<IfModule mod_negotiation.c>
</IfModule>

RewriteEngine On

Options +FollowSymlinks

# Handle Authorization Header
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization} .
RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

# Redirect Trailing Slashes If Not A Folder...
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (.+)/$
RewriteRule ^ %1 [L,R=301]

# Send Requests To Front Controller...
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^ index.php [L]
</IfModule>

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 16-18-40 Apache nginx Settings for algen liberyus com tr - Liberyus P...png

it's unchecked. I still keep getting 403 error..

Sorry, but I didn't understand you. Each subscription is based on Service Plan and synchronized with this Service Plan. If you have unchecked any option in this Service Plan - this will be unchecked in related subscriptions too.

Sorry, but I didn't understand you. Each subscription is based on Service Plan and synchronized with this Service Plan. If you have unchecked any option in this Service Plan - this will be unchecked in related subscriptions too.
Thank you for the information, I created a new service plan, made the settings you suggested and defined the plan I created to the domain. but the result did not change.

but the result did not change.
Do you mean that option "Restrict the ability to follow symbolic links" is still not enabled in subscription settings? Even when it is enabled in Service Plan?

no, Restrict the ability to follow symbolic links is also "unchecked" in the new plan.

Options +FollowSymlinks

lines are added in .htaccess but I still get 403 error.

It's either +FollowSymlinks or +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch, but it should not be both. It is also not -SymLinksIfOwnerMatch, but +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch. Could that be the issue?

Back