• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Apache down

UHolthausen

Regular Pleskian
Hello

I checked the server yesterday morning and everything was fine.
Come home at noon, several mails that apache cannot be started.
plesk repair web didnt help.

Nothing was changed, only for test purposes the php version was changed to 8 and then undone.

apache log reports mod_ssl problem: AH02311: Fatal error initialising mod_ssl, exiting.

AH01898: Unable to configure permitted SSL ciphers
[Sun May 16 09:47:21.874045 2021] [ssl:emerg] [pid 14202] SSL Library Error: error:1410D0B9:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_set_cipher_list:no cipher match

plesk:

New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Can not restart web server: Apache is down, start it instead of graceful Apache is down, start it instead of graceful INFO: [Sun May 16 09:23:20 CEST 2021]: Service: apache, Action: start Trying to start service apache2... failed May 16 09:23:20 server.uli-holthausen.de systemd[1]: Starting The Apache HTTP Server... May 16 09:23:20 server.xxx-xxxxxx.xxapachectl[18032]: Action 'start' failed. May 16 09:23:20 server.xxx-xxxxxx.xxapachectl[18032]: The Apache error log may have more information. May 16 09:23:20 server.xxx-xxxxxx.xxsystemd[1]: apache2.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE May 16 09:23:20 server.xxx-xxxxxx.xxsystemd[1]: apache2.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'. May 16 09:23:20 server.xxx-xxxxxx.xxsystemd[1]: Failed to start The Apache HTTP Server. ***** problem report ***** Warning: start service apache2 failed /opt/psa/admin/sbin/pleskrc execution failed: Warning: The unit file, source configuration file or drop-ins of apache2.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units. Job for apache2.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status apache2.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. Warning: The unit file, source configuration file or drop-ins of apache2.service changed on disk. Run 'systemctl daemon-reload' to reload units... Detailed error descriptions were sent to you by email. Please resolve the issues and click here to generate broken configuration files once again or here to generate all configuration files. See the details in Configuration Troubleshooter

Every hint for a solution is welcome

Is it this?

I have not yet seen this issue myself, but I suspect that it can be solved by removing the checkmark from the Mozilla TLS/SSL ciphers on the SSLIt-configuration of domains.

Hello Peter

You made my day, its solved.
My os ist debian 10.9

I changed the setting from modern to balanced and it works again.

Addition:

The server was running with the setting "modern" since october 2020, what caused this problem from one day to the next?

Last edited:
Back