• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue apache memory red alert

Remigio

Basic Pleskian
It's about 2 weeks, without any change, I get always email from my vps about "alert apache memory red"
I've just upgraded plesk and php 7.3, but same issue.
I've Linux #1 SMP Debian 4.9.110-3+deb9u2 (2018-08-13) x86_64
apache + nginx
php 7.3
on this vps I've mount prestashop (latest release) and vtiger (them works well!)
The content of alert email is:
plesk error
first of about 1/12, no alert I get.
here is the image apache_memory.jpg
Someone can help me to better understand this alert and why it happens?
Thank you

Last edited:
@Remigio,

I cannot view (and will not open) the files attached, can you be so kind to attach them to the forum?

Please note that your issue is very likely to be related to

- a lack of memory on the server-side, (or)
- a too low threshold for the Health Monitoring extension: I will explain this below.

Health Monitoring is configured with a default configuration file that contains some basic and default values for services, network performance, memory usage and so on.

The before mentioned basic/default values are so-called thresholds that are used as a trigger: when x exceeds the value of the threshold, then fire action y (in the case of the Plesk Health Monitoring extension: send a mail to notify that the threshold has been exceeded).

Most of those basic/default values are a bit random and/or too strict, so you could work-around the notifications by changing the thresholds (to a higher level).

In order to increase the value for the thresholds, just go to "Health Monitoring" and

- download the configuration file,
- adjust the configuration file: increase the default values slightly for the problematic service, in this case being Apache,
- save the configuration file under a specific custom name,
- upload the custom configuration file (again, this can be done under "Health Monitoring" in the Plesk Panel)

and you are probably not getting the notifications anymore: if it fails, just try again with somewhat higher thresholds.

Nevertheless, note that you have a problem.............and all of the above is just a work-around to get rid of annoying and unnecessary notifications.

It is highly recommended that you still investigate what causes the high memory usage by Apache.

At this moment, I can only make the educated guess and state that your memory issues are caused to a large extent by vTiger (and MySQL server usage by vTiger).

A small tip: try to analyze the memory used by MySQL server (and you can start this analysis by using the Health Monitor).

Hope the above helps a bit.

Regards............

Note that

Back