• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Apache + NGINX + Other VHost (not from Plesk)

UweP

Regular Pleskian
Hi. I also got this problem. Since I'm using NGINX, my other vhosts dont work anymore. they jsut get forwarded to a plesk default page. What I want is create a vhost (a2ensite vhost.conf) and have this vhost be prefered over plesk. How do I set this up to work with nginx?

Thank you, Uwe

Hi UweP,

your description for your error/issue/problem is very imprecise and the fact that you added:
... and have this vhost be prefered over plesk ...
makes it even worse to understand your desire.

It would help, if you provide MORE informations and you could add as well the "vhost.conf" so that people willing to help you don't have to guess, but could point you directly to possible misconfigurations. ;)

Hi ok. I mean the vhosts i add to /etc/apache2/sites-available/ and then enable with a2ensite vhost.conf. i added such a vhost but what i get at the address vhost.mydomain.tld is a plesk page. i want to have shown the page where i point the vhost to, in my sites-available vhost.

ive added eg.:

<VirtualHost myip:80>
ServerName cloud.mydomain.eu
DocumentRoot /var/www/owncloud
Redirect permanent / https://cloud.mydomain.eu/

<Directory /var/www/owncloud/>
Require all granted
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost myip:443>
ServerName cloud.mydomain.eu
DocumentRoot /var/www/owncloud/
Header always add Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000"

<Directory /var/www/owncloud/>
Require all granted
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

into an apache vhost config file. ive enabled this vhost. but what i get is a plesk standard page, that the site is not set up or something. I guess i need to also configure nginx. but do i have to do that for every vhost i add with apache and what do i ahve to add to nginx config and where?

Thank you very much!

Greetings, Uwe

Hi UweP,

whats wrong with moving the content from "/var/www/owncloud" to "/var/www/vhosts/YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/cloud.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM", after you created the subdomain over Plesk?
( The installation - process for "owncloud", in combination with apache+nginx+php-fpm is pretty self-explaining, or can be viewed at the "owncloud" - docs at: => https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.0/admin_manual/installation/

i dont want to have it backed up using plesk. i also need it for another vhost, multicraft.mydomain.tld

Back