• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

apache page

I

ilustrate

i'm having problems accessing a site under www.mysite.com but yet can access it under mysite.com . if i go to www.mysite.com i get a :

If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.
Seeing this instead of the website you expected?

This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

The Apache documentation has been included with this distribution.

You are free to use the image below on an Apache-powered web server. Thanks for using Apache!

i've called my host and they said that they do not support DNS when you do your own dns. i've checked my dns settings and they are identical to all the other sites. what can i do.

Login to the control panel.

Click on Domains
Click on the domain name link
Click on DNS

Make sure there is a checkmark next to 'www prefix'

In the DNS list below, you should see:

www.mysite.com. CNAME mysite.com.

and if you have not done so yet, you can also add a wildcard CNAME record

*.mysite.com. CNAME mysite.com.

my host is telling me to change www to an A record. The problem is that all my other domains do not have this setting. they have www as CNAME and function properly. should i make this change? the www box is checked already.

I've also never had to change the 'www' to an A record.

Your domain's DNS is handled by the Plesk box, not the host's nameservers, right?

If something in Plesk's database got messed up, then you could always try and force it to reconfigure:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -u --vhost-name=<domain_name>

Or in the DNS management screen, click on the 'Default' button (note: any customizations to the domain's DNS will have to be manually re-entered after that) Make sure you save or print a copy of the current DNS records before doing this for reference purposes.

well could you believe that i had forgotten about a setting in my c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc\ hosts file. i had previously added www.mysite.com and it was blocking me. ooops my mistake.

Yeah, even with all the decades I have, I've done that even recently on my own workstations as well. That's why I always use multiple PCs here to test from as well as multiple browsers. :D

Back