• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

apache performance tuning?

R

rspurlock

Does anyone have any good links or pointers on performance tuning apache? We have a server that's been active for about 6 months and now we're really loading it down. We added 1 customer that just brough it to its knees and it was all through apache and httpd processes. We're running a typical server with 512MB Ram and 1024MB Swap.

Has anyone done this? I've looked into this through google and haven't found any specifics just generic help. I'm looking for some real world experience.

TIA

Rob
Lock-Net Hosting

Anyone done this?

Is anyone running more than 500 domains on a single server? I have searched ART and here for info on performance tuning but nothing specific for apache >= 2.0. Quite a bit for apache < 2.0. Perhaps we can get some input here for everyone to contribute to on how they tuned their servers to either speed them up when dragging or allow as many hosts as your memory and cpu will allow without barfing.

Feel free to give your 2cents worth.

Thanks,

Rob

Back