1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Apache Problems after Update 8.1 > 8.1.1

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by tglawe, Apr 1, 2007.

1. tglawe

tglawe Guest

After the Update on a Debian 3.1 I got a Problem with Apache: It's shutting down regularly.
    Does anybody have a solution to solve it?

2. Hunne

Hunne Guest

I'm having the exact same problem on a 1und1 Suse 9.3 dedicated server.
    My log shows the same, got apache running but my plesk control panel is inaccesible.
    Please help us swsoft staff!

3. tglawe

tglawe Guest

The server provider's support found the mistake:

Watchdog checked the Apache on a wrong IP.

First solution to prevent: deactivate Watchdog monitoring for the Apache deamon.

This is not a durable solution, but it works.

4. dasmo

dasmo Guest

Has anyone had any luck coming up with a better solution than disabling watchdog? It's a bit dodgy to lose a feature so that apache doesn't crash.

5. dasmo

dasmo Guest

OK. Got it going.

These were the steps I took:

Make sure you have apache monitoring turned on.
    tail -f /opt/psa/var/modules/watchdog/log/monit.log
    disable watchdog
    reenable watchdog

tail will catch something similar to this:
    [EST Mar 6 18:42:05] 'apache' failed, cannot open a connection to INET[192.168.1.103:80]

Which in my case was the IP address I set the machine up on (an internal DHCP address, which really makes no sense to me. Shouldn't it just 127?)

I added this as a virtual interface to my 2nd nic (internal network anyway, who cares)

Reenabled watchdog. No issues.

I checked as many different places as I could, but am yet to find where the config for this is stored. If I find it I'll post it here.

6. benlake

benlake Guest

Monit Config

The monit config file is locate here on Plesk 8.1.1 Linux:

/opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc

I had this issue and the monitrc file was referencing the static IP I had configured for a second interface, simple adjustment.