• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache Restart Interval - Not working in PLESK 11.5?

BradleyP

New Pleskian
Dear Community,

We use some billing and provision automation software which integrates with PLESK 11.5 - this software is caused HostBill. The module sets up customer, reseller and domains and works successfully but produces a 502 Bad Gateway error at the end of the operation. The customer/reseller and domains are setup BUT the 502 Bad Gateway does not provide a good user experience to the customer signing up.

We have performed some extensive analysis and believe the issue to be related to HostBill and PLESK coexisting on the same server. When the domain is created, PLESK forces a restart that severs the internal connection and provides a 502 Bad Gateway error. There is a similar issue here with a different automation product: http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...estarted-everytime-when-a-new-domain-is-added

The fix is to increase the Apache Restart Interval which we have done but this does not seem to have any affect. When a domain is created in PLESK it immediately forces a restart of Apache rather than waiting to what the Apache Restart Interval is set too. I am not sure why this setting is being ignored but it is and it caused the automation script to bomb out.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Do we know if there is a bug that creating a new domain ignores the Apache Restart Interval? Does anyone know any other way to delay the restart of Apache when a domain is created?

Any help/advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bradley

Hi,

I can't really help, but are you sure it's Apache and not nginx that producing the Bad Gateway?

Regards,
Kristian

The Plesk's "Apache restart interval" only limits how often Plesk will reload/restart Apache. It does not mean it will always be delayed.

For example, which a restart interval of 10 minutes:
Last Apache reload was on 11:45.
At 12:00 HostBill creates a new subscription. Plesk will now reload Apache immediatly, because it was last restarted 15 minutes ago.
At 12:05 HostBill creates a new subscription again. Plesk wilil now wait atleast 5 minutes, because only then will the 10 minutes have passed.

I dont have a solution. We run our ordering system on another Plesk server, just for security reasons (I dont want our customer data on a shared hosting machine). I would recommend doing the same, regardless of this issue you are facing.

If you really want to fix it on this machine, I would check to see if I can find out how Apache restarts apache. On Debian I believe it actually runs /etc/init.d/apache restart. You could add a "sleep" there. If it does something as running apache2ctl you could write a little shell script wrapper around that script that also imposes a sleep.

Back