• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache sometimes fails to restart

This patch hasn't worked for me either and I'm on CentOS 5.5 x86_64. And when I say this patch, I mean the one that was released in the forums about a page ago.

Igor, I appreciate the fact that you're trying to help us out here, but you seem to be withholding information, and a lot of people rely on Plesk to work in order to keep their customers happy. The lack of urgency with regards to this matter is simply not acceptable. People pay good money for this product (more than for cPanel incidentally) and seem to receive a lot less in the way of support.

Can you please outline what this latest patch (9659) is supposed to do EXACTLY - and how you anticipate it will resolve our issues. I'm not very keen on patching files left right and centre because Parallels botched an upgrade attempt. You guys are a big company who really should be fully capable of testing a product before final release. It's common practice and common sense.

I'm quite frustrated - not only because this doesn't work, but because I've actually grown to like Plesk and prefer it over cPanel, but cPanel looks more attractive every day, and guess what I got free AWESOME support with cPanel that you guys just seem unwilling or unable to supply.

I've just tried the latest patch. It doesn't immediately seem to crash Apache, but then it does hang and then eventually crashes Apache. And if it wasn't for Monit running, it wouldn't be coming back up (as watchdog used to fail until I swapped to Monit).

So this hasn't cured the issue.

I'm using WHMCS with this as well to create accounts.

Can you please look into this further for us all?

Guys, this latest version of patch from KB article is only for fixing problem with starting Apache or long time of Apache start. Restart is required when you change something in Apache config - add new domain, for example. Once again - it doesn't fix ALL Apache problems - this patch *ONLY* FIXES *APACHE* *RESTART* problems.

Guys, this latest version of patch from KB article is only for fixing problem with starting Apache or long time of Apache start. Restart is required when you change something in Apache config - add new domain, for example. Once again - it doesn't fix ALL Apache problems - this patch *ONLY* FIXES *APACHE* *RESTART* problems.

Does that mean it has different fixes from the one posted in this thread, the same fixes, etc. so we can decide which broken patch is less broken for our needs?

This issue as been frustrating !!!

Hello everyone,

I had a long week-end with no sleep over this issue, i've tried all from this thread, none of them as worked.

When contacting Plesk support did not really help either...

However here is what solved it for me oscent x64 :

Resolution
SYMPTOMS:

Check PHP version and list of enabled modules from root shell, normally these commands should show an output:

# php -v
# php -m

In case of a problem no output is generated or segmentation fault happens.

CAUSE:

PHP IonCube loader extension is included several times or not in proper order.

RESOLUTION:

Find all IonCube loader entries in PHP configuration .ini files with command:

# grep -iR ioncube /etc/php*

Make sure that:
1) only one IonCube loader is included,
2) it corresponds with your PHP version, you can comment out all IonCube entries and check PHP version with `php -v`.
3) it is included before all other Zend extensions.

I had to comment a line on the ioncube-loader.ini on /etc/php.d ;comment out next line to disable ionCobe Zend extension in php

I hope this help someone having the same issue after upgrading.

I have Red Hat 4.1.2-48 (Linux version 2.6.27.58) Which websrvmng file should I use as there isn't one for redhat4 ???
Thank you in advance for your replies.

p.s. thank you ELAMRIR however this did not work for me, everything seemed to be in order for me regarding ioncube and zend.

Not working for me.

When I create a service on my Plesk 10 server using the WHMCS Plesk10 module I am presented with a "The server cannot be found" page. I believe this is because the method which is used to restart apache after reconfiguring the config files is slow and ungraceful. The server does come up shortly but not before the page reload gives the server down message.
I have tried to replace websrvmng as described here: http://kb.odin.com/en/9659 but this does not seem to help.
I have noticed that running the websrvmng command on my Plesk 10 server gives the error: "WARNING: You are using obsoleted option, use corresponding option of httpdmng."
Please help.
Thanks.
JP Kelly

Last edited:
Not working for me.

Try to replace websrvmng with attached and check results.
Do not forget create backup of original!

http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/Autoupdate/websrvmng.tar.bz2

I am still having a problem after updating websrvmng on a CentOS 64 bit system.

Although apache does not take minutes to restart it is not graceful.
The php page which calls the calls the command returns a "server cannot be found" page. I did not have this problem on Plesk 8.6

For me the problem is not fixed either. It seems that on normal 'websrvmng --restart' it all does go quick, but when doing tasks through the API it still takes far too long and triggers an email message. This is on Ubuntu 10.04 with Plesk 10.1.1 MU #10.

Unfortunately nothing that I have heard of. I wish there was one though! If anyone knows anything please feel free to share it with us!

Hello,
I'm using Plesk 9.5.4
I can't make the update to 10.X for now (hosting few thousands websites on my server).
When I make domain modification or creation and Apache needs to restart :

- It restarts immediatly and dont wait restart_apache_interval
- It takes a while (up to 2 minutes) to restart.

It would be wonderfull if you could provide me a fix not requiring upgrade to 10.X .

Thanks,

Leo

I have a little fix. Well i have tested it and it works, im not sure what the knock on effects will be but maybe someone will be able to let me know if this is going to break something lol!

Here is what I did:

cd /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin (or where ever your websrvmng is located)
mv websrvmng websrvmng1

DONE! it then allowed me to create accounts in WHMCS and get the sucessfull message. When i checked everything was created perfectly! If someone can tell me what the issue with this might be please let me know because I am using this as a fix for the moment!

I have a little fix. Well i have tested it and it works, im not sure what the knock on effects will be but maybe someone will be able to let me know if this is going to break something lol!

Here is what I did:

cd /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin (or where ever your websrvmng is located)
mv websrvmng websrvmng1

DONE! it then allowed me to create accounts in WHMCS and get the sucessfull message. When i checked everything was created perfectly! If someone can tell me what the issue with this might be please let me know because I am using this as a fix for the moment!

In the Services Management section you may find that Apache is flagged as not running (even though it is). Also anything that requires Plesk to restart Apache (like creating protected directories) will no longer work until you manually restart apache. Kind of a trade off. But I did what you did for the same reasons. Now WHMCS works for me.

Mine is still not fixed after applying patch.

When is a real fix or update going to be released?

Please fill this form without headers changing with all details - which MU has been applied, which patches, etc. http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=106113
I need detailed full repost for developers. Can someone collect and assemble all information about current state of this problem and fill it?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Plesk Control Panel, 10.1.1, Linux 2.6.18-028stab070.14(CentOS), x64
websrvmng has been replaced with the one available here: http://download1.sw-soft.com/Plesk/A...srvmng.tar.bz2
as mentioned here: http://kb.odin.com/en/9659

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE: When Apache is restarted via the Plesk API it does not restart gracefully. Apache is down for 5-10 seconds. While this does not seem like a lot, it is a problem because web pages which use the API to make changes in plesk return a "Server can not be found error" when Apache is updated. This problem occurrs when WHMCS uses the API (WHMCS Plesk 10 module) to create a customer/domain.

ACTUAL RESULT: A PHP page accesses Plesk via the API to create a customer and a domain and returns a "Server can not be found" page.

EXPECTED RESULT: A PHP page accesses Plesk via the API to create a customer and a domain and returns a success page.

This was not an issue in Plesk 8.6. I am assuming that websrvmng should restart Apache gracefully. But it seems that it is not a graceful restart.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Back