• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

APC with FastCGI - uptime 0

ideance

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm having an issue and not sure what's the next logical step.

Using Plesk 11 on CentOs, I have installed APC. APC was successfuly installed and added as a module in php.ini. Everything works fine on websites which runs PHP as an Apache module. When I'm testing APC on websites which run PHP as FastCGI there's an issue.

Uptime is always 0, basically there are no files cached other than the file itself (the apc.php). Refreshing the file every sec or so gives me hits,... but it seems that every minute it resets. Looking to APC on other domains they still have their uptime unchanged.

Not sure how can I make it work. I know APC won't work with CGI but should work fine with FastCGI.

Scratch that,... I think Plesk is using mod_fcgid instead of mod_fastcgi - in the front end it just says FastCGI. Anyone know a work-around for mod_fcgid?

Onre more note: I basically tried running the website as FastCGI or CGI and it seems APC refuse to work for both with the same issue: 0 uptime. It only works great when PHP is runned as an Apache module but that choice has problems with permissions on folders/files.

Back