1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

App vault - rolling your own

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Doug_M, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Doug_M

Doug_M Guest

Hi. I'm rolling my own app vault package for PostNuke 0.761. I started by copying the vault package for PostNuke 0.750 and modified it accordingly. Things are going well but I have a problem with the uninstall.

The manual doesn't describe how to write an uninstall script. I looked at a bunch of the installed app vault packages and they don't seem to have an uninstall script. When I uninstall PostNuke with my vault package the MySQL database is deleted but the app directory in the vhost/httpdocs folder remains.

I tried using this in a postuninstall script in the scripts directory:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    # nuke postuninstall script
    cd ${vhost_path}
    rm -rf ${vhost_path}/${documents_directory}/${install_prefix}
    exit 0
    It doesn't work, the folder is untouched. By the way, according to the manual, the postuninstall script is "called after the files of the application are removed from the vhost".

So, I figure I need an uninstall script in the uninstall folder, but I don't know how to proceed and I can't find an example.

Regards,
    Doug