• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

App vault - rolling your own

D

Doug_M

Hi. I'm rolling my own app vault package for PostNuke 0.761. I started by copying the vault package for PostNuke 0.750 and modified it accordingly. Things are going well but I have a problem with the uninstall.

The manual doesn't describe how to write an uninstall script. I looked at a bunch of the installed app vault packages and they don't seem to have an uninstall script. When I uninstall PostNuke with my vault package the MySQL database is deleted but the app directory in the vhost/httpdocs folder remains.

I tried using this in a postuninstall script in the scripts directory:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# nuke postuninstall script
cd ${vhost_path}
rm -rf ${vhost_path}/${documents_directory}/${install_prefix}
exit 0

It doesn't work, the folder is untouched. By the way, according to the manual, the postuninstall script is "called after the files of the application are removed from the vhost".

So, I figure I need an uninstall script in the uninstall folder, but I don't know how to proceed and I can't find an example.

Regards,
Doug

Back