• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Application Not Installing (PHP: The 'mysql' extension was not found.)

Richard Ward

New Pleskian
I've been trying to install AfterLogic WebMail Lite, which is a popular alternative to Roundcube, and I was happy to find it in the Plesk Applications database. When I go to install it on my website, however, the install never finishes and complains about not having the 'mysql' extension. MySQL is enabled and working, as I have existing WordPress sites working fine on the server.

I double-checked my settings, and it appears I have a few SQL modules loaded in PHP. I tried adding these into inclusion in PHP settings for the site to no avail -- it still won't install.

root@server1:/# php -m|grep mysql

mysqli
mysqlnd
pdo_mysql

I could always install it manually in my hosting-site/webmail directory, but I'd like it to auto update with new packages and not have to maintain a separate package myself.

Any idea why this is happening? Is the 'mysql' module being depreciated or something? I've worked with WebMail Lite and WebMail Pro before, so I know their software works. I think this is an error on my end?

Thanks,

The "MySQL extension" is the old fashioned PHP extension. It is deprecated since 5.5 and completely removed since 7.0. If the module is missing, could it be that this is for you are using PHP 7?

I was unaware that it's completely gone in PHP v7. I've switched the domain to older PHP 5 and it works perfectly now.

I will contact the software vender and ask about their plans for newer PHP support. Thank you so much for this information.

Back