• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Application Vault default file and folder permissions

InfinityHS

New Pleskian
Hi All,

We're new to playing with the application vault apps so need a little help here. I'll use the Joomla app as an example.

We have found a Joomla 1.5.15 app in the app site and installed it. It's great, we've been looking for the latest version and finally found it. Same with all our other apps, getting latest versions have been a chore.

Anyway, we have implemented suPHP on our Plesk server so no permissions can be higher than 755 for Directory or 644 for files. The app installer sets files up with 777 folder and loose file permissions as well. We can't get any help on how to change the App to install with the correct permissions, so does anyone know how we can get around this and make the apps from the application vault install with the correct (new) permissions?

TIA,

Rob
Infinity

As possible workaround I can suggest you try to use some custom script for setting necessary permissions after Application installation and use it for Event 'Web application installed'.

How do I tell what domain

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the follow up. Making progress with the event handler for sure. How do I determine what the domain is if I use the event handler for Web application installed? It's not passed as a variable as far as I can tell in the documentation.

TIA,

Rob

dead end, no usable variables passed on event

Hi Igor,

I checked all of the event handlers and none of them are usable variables. The siteapp event only allows the following variables:

NEW_PACKAGE_NAME
NEW_DOMAIN_TYPE
NEW_DIRECTORY
NEW_INSTALLATION_PREFIX
(and their OLD counterparts).

NONE of them pass a domain name that I can tell. Do you have any idea what the variable would be if its not <NEW_DOMAIN_NAME>?? As far as I can tell, none of the Events are really tied to installing a siteapp into a domain, just installing a new package into the vault. If I could just find the variable for the domain, I could finish up my task.

This documentation (or lack thereof) is driving me crazy.

TIA,

Rob

Those variables are not posted

Hi Igor,

The new_domain_name and old_domain_name variables aren't passed for the siteapp installed event unless I'm missing something. I write a test-handler.sh script to be my command. Here is that script:

#!/bin/bash
echo "--------------" >> /tmp/event_handler.log
/bin/date >> /tmp/event_handler.log # information on the event date and time
/usr/bin/id >> /tmp/event_handler.log # information on the user, on behalf of which the script was executed
echo "Siteapp Test Script" >> /tmp/event_handler.log # information on the created client account
echo "name: ${NEW_CONTACT_NAME}" >> /tmp/event_handler.log # client's name
echo "login: ${NEW_LOGIN_NAME}" >> /tmp/event_handler.log # client's login
echo "Domain: ${NEW_DOMAIN_NAME}" >> /tmp/event_handler.log # client's login
echo "--------------" >> /tmp/event_handler.log

This is the command I use in the event handler: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/test-handler.sh and its called when the event "Web application installed" is done. I do know that this event triggers the shell script when I install an app from the vault but this is the result from the event_handler.log:

--------------
Mon Jan 11 20:40:35 EST 2010
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel)
Siteapp Test Script
name:
login:
login:
--------------
--------------
Mon Jan 11 20:45:41 EST 2010
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),1(bin),2(daemon),3(sys),4(adm),6(disk),10(wheel)
Siteapp Test Script
name:
login:
Domain:
--------------

It returns none of the normal variables like name, login or domain (old or new). I'm thinking the Web Application Installed event calls a different variable for the domain name. Do you know what that variable is?

TIA,

Rob

Back