• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Application Vault Error

V

vruiz

I install an APS on the aplication Vault (i'm using Plesk 8.6 on CentOS Server) and it seems to be unsupported because i get the error message:

Warning: Unable to register the package located in the directory "BV Commerce-5.0-4": ASP.NET packages are not supported. You should remove the package from the server because it will not function properly.

So now how can i remove this package? The aps is doesn't listed in the application vault so i try removing all files and folders of the package physically from the folder of Application Vault (/usr/local/psa/var/cgitory) but the error stills.

Any help please?

Hello,

I hope you solved the problem by now, if not:

- edit /usr/local/psa/var/cgitory/BV\ Commerce-5.0-4/APP-META.xml
and delete allmost all "aspnet" lines:

<aspnet:version>2.0</aspnet:version>

<aspnet:handler/>
<mapping url="web.config"><aspnet:permissions writable="true"/></mapping>
<mapping url="Files" path="htdocs/Files"><aspnet:permissions writable="true"/></mapping>
<mapping url="Images" path="htdocs/Images"><aspnet:permissions writable="true"/></mapping>

- as admin go to Application Vault, find BV Commerce, wait 5 minutes before remove BV Commerce (or the warning remain)

- if not worked you can wait, add again BV Commerce package and try again above steps or you can simply hide BV Commerce from clients after edited APP-META.xml

The way I had to do it was delete the APP-META.xml file completely and then remove the sub folders of BV Commerce-5.0-4. If you just remove the APP-META.xml file and then delete the VM Commerce-5.0-4 folder it will come back.

Back