• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

are Plesk's qmail account names case sensitive?

D

dietcheese

Guest
I didn't think they were but I created an account: [email protected] and could not access it (via webmail) with [email protected].

I tried this repeatedly to be sure.

When you try and create a duplicate mailname in Plesk, but with different capitalizations, you get the error:

"Unable to add new mail name: The mail name Firstname.Lastname is already in the domain"


Was it always this way and I'm just noticing it now, or did something change and it pass me by?

Thanks...:rolleyes:
 
Webmail uses IMAP to access accounts.
I think there is a configuration option for the Courier-IMAP to ignore case; I dont have access to a Plesk machine to make sure.

With a default install of Plesk though, usernames for email are case sensitive - at least when using IMAP.

-J
 
Back
Top