• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

ASP.NET v1.1 - x64

100mb

Hi all,

I am running Plesk 9.2 on a Windows 2003 x64 server.

ASP.NET v2 is running fine, but some sites that are running need to run off ASP.NET v1.1.

I have configured IIS to run in 32 bit mode and have restarted the server to ensure that it is running in 32 bit mode (it appears to be according to the process list).

Both versions of ASP.NET appear in "Server Settings" under the ASP settings. When I go to either the web hosting settings for the domain or the ASP settings for the domain it does not give me an option to select ASP.NET v1.1, it only displays v2.

Has anyone managed to get ASP.NET v1.1 to work with Plesk 9.x on Windows x64?

Thanks

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the link, I actually stumbled upon that link earlier today in the course of trying to sort the issue out, with no luck.

I also realised I forgot to mention, the server is running inside a Virtuozzo Container with Plesk installed from the application template found on the Parallels FTP server.

The other thing I noticed is that the ASP.NET tab does not show in the site properties (from IIS manager). That seems to be related to the x64 version of Windows, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get that tab to show.

I ended up changing the site over to ASP.NET v1.1 by doing the following:

1. Open a command prompt and change into the ASP.NET v1.1 directory, in this case "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322".
2. Getting the sites application path, in this case "W3SVC/9737/ROOT" (I found it by taking a look in the Metabase.xml file that is located at "C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv")
3. Running "aspnet_regiis -s W3SVC/9737/ROOT"

The site now runs v1.1 correctly, although it is a bit of a hack way around it (it would be ideal to get it to show the option in Plesk so it doesn't confuse anyone later on down the track).

Back