• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP SSI Issues!!

S

siren@

I have spent so much time on this problem I'm not sure I have it in perspective anymore, but it was fixed once so I know somehow it can be fixed again.

When we first brought our server up we were recieving 500 errors on our ASP files. The fix (not solution) was to change the root directory structure for the site to point where Plesk had located the files so that it no longer had to arrive at the virtual directory created by Plesk of domain.com_non_ssl to load the pages. This is a fix and not a solution for a webhosting company and an administrative nightmare.

After a full rebuild of the server along with a few fixes suddenly they worked. Then another problem occured forcing a removal and reinstall of Plesk. Now it is a very flaky problem.

From the main page we pull top.html from /templates/ and this works great. Now, when this page loads it is supposed to pull meta.inc from /inc/ and this is where things go array.

Prior to pulling the meta.inc we list the base href as www.domain.com in order to make sure it doesn't try to pull from /templates/. This worked immediately after the rebuild but will not work now.

Due to other pages on the site using SSI to pull files from the /inc/ folder I know the /inc/ folder is functioning properly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

I have discovered the problem here and a fix and a workaround solution.

Because Plesk creates the site in a virtual directory you need to enable Parent Dirs under Script Configuration in order to use SSI functions that call from directories on your site to other directories not located in that directory but located in the parent directory for the site (not the root directory).

You can enable these server wide under "Web Sites".

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

SSI

SSI is greyed out in my control panel,
how can i enable it ?

Regards

Hannes

SSI has to be installed on the server via add/remove programs/windows components.. This has to be done prior to installing PSA.

We found that when using includes, we have to do

include file="../file/file.inc"

instead of

include virtual="/file/file.inc"

This solved our SSI problems with asp.

You should be able to install SSI afterwards without a problem. Just shutdown PSA, run Windows Configuration, add it, restart PSA.

Also, we have been able to get include virtual working using -
"include virtual="domain.com_non_ssl/filename/"

where do i enable parent directories -- under what screen / directory / file are we talking about?

thanks,

ES

If your running 6.5.1 as you should be you don't need to.

If not it is in IIS under properties for "Web Sites"

well, i am running 6.5.1, but i'm still having an asp problem, and i'd guess it had to do with the virtual includes. now i'm just stumped.

any other thoughts on this same topic?

thanks.

I recommend trying "include file" instead of Include virtual. In 6.5.1 root paths is already enabled.

I am having this same problem with #include vitual=

the problem with using the #include file= solution is that

1)) when you have a sub folder that conains a file with #include file = the page wont be able to locate the file if is above it in the Hierarchy which is a complete nightmare in my case, unless you start doing ../../folder/filename .

2)) there are over 40-50 + files with #include virtual= inside them and because the way the website was coded i will have to change every single one manually to #include file= and start using ../../ and that surely cant be the professional way of doing it. Plus my fingers get soar :(

THERE MUST BE A BETTER WAY !!!!!!!!

SSI N ASP Problem

i m having problem to install SSI, I M USING plesk 6.5.1 and windows server 2003 standard, SSI show installed in windows componets but its disabled in PLESK, even i have all it from IIS but i m unable to enable this from PLESK,

Also facing prolem "500 error pages" using ASP, when i create virtual directory its running fi9, how can i fix this to creat n solve virtual directory prob, and setup this for all clients and domains.

help me if any one knows.

Thnx

Back