• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Assistance Required: Correct DNS Settings for Mail Servers in Plesk

BHK

New Pleskian
Hello Plesk Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out for guidance on configuring the DNS settings for mail servers within Plesk. I aim to ensure that my email services run smoothly and are properly set up to avoid any issues with email delivery or reception.

Could anyone please advise on the following:

1. **What are the correct DNS settings required for mail servers in Plesk?** I'm looking for details on configuring MX records, SPF records, DKIM settings, and any other necessary DNS entries that support email functionality and security.

2. **Is there any specific setting or configuration that needs to be adjusted with my hosting provider to support these DNS changes?** I'm wondering if there are any prerequisites or additional steps that I should be aware of at the hosting level to ensure compatibility and optimal performance of the mail servers.

I'm relatively new to managing DNS and mail server settings, so any advice, best practices, or step-by-step guidance would be greatly appreciated. I want to ensure that everything is set up correctly to minimize potential issues and to enhance email deliverability and security.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to your expert advice and recommendations.

Best regards,Plesk.PNGPlesk_2.PNG

Back