• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Atomicorp repository and some questions regarding security

jackoackely

New Pleskian
Hello!

I been using Plesk since Onyx version and everything is working really well! I am not sysadmin or anything and I still manage to make it work for a long time.

Anyways, I got some noobish questions and I hope someone can answer them :)

1. I am running Plesk on Centos 7 and I never updated anything, beside updates though Plesk panel
2. I did update MariaDB to 10.3
3. I did some basic security stuff, fail2ban and restricted access only from my IP + watchdog

1. Do I need to install Atomicorp repository? I checked it with yum update and it shows some kernel update and other small stuff, which Plesk does not show. Is there going to be any conflits? Do I need it?
2. Do you guys have good guides/videos how to protect Plesk for noobs like me?

Thanks!

I do not recommend. Unfortunately, many different problems caused the use of this repository at different times. Just try to use the forum search and you'll see.
Thanks, a lot!

Last question. Then I run "yum update", there is some packages, which I can update, but I have never received updates in Plesk for them.
Should I leave them or update? Is there reason to touch yum update at all?

It's also weird to see MariaDB there, since I updated it already to 10.3 with Plesk guide.

Thank you :)1592910103614.png

Back