• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Atomicorp repository and some questions regarding security

jackoackely

New Pleskian
Hello!

I been using Plesk since Onyx version and everything is working really well! I am not sysadmin or anything and I still manage to make it work for a long time.

Anyways, I got some noobish questions and I hope someone can answer them :)

1. I am running Plesk on Centos 7 and I never updated anything, beside updates though Plesk panel
2. I did update MariaDB to 10.3
3. I did some basic security stuff, fail2ban and restricted access only from my IP + watchdog

1. Do I need to install Atomicorp repository? I checked it with yum update and it shows some kernel update and other small stuff, which Plesk does not show. Is there going to be any conflits? Do I need it?
2. Do you guys have good guides/videos how to protect Plesk for noobs like me?

Thanks!

I do not recommend. Unfortunately, many different problems caused the use of this repository at different times. Just try to use the forum search and you'll see.
Thanks, a lot!

Last question. Then I run "yum update", there is some packages, which I can update, but I have never received updates in Plesk for them.
Should I leave them or update? Is there reason to touch yum update at all?

It's also weird to see MariaDB there, since I updated it already to 10.3 with Plesk guide.

Thank you :)1592910103614.png

Back