• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Auto-reply is not sending the updated message!

tetrahall

Basic Pleskian
Hello,
I'm using Plesk Obsidian 18 on CentOS 7.6. Although auto-reply message has been edited (updated), for some reason the older message is being sent.

Plesk repair mail yields no error.
I restarted the server to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE:
The solution is to use: ./autoresponder --update -mail [mail address]

Last question, please: I have thousands of email addresses, is there a way to update all of them in one go, for example, by using the asterik *@domain.com?

No, using an asteriks as a wildcard won't work.

Are you trying to update all mailboxes on your server? Or just for a particular domain?

You could run this script to update the autoresponder for all mailboxes on your server.
Bash:
#!/bin/bash

for i in $(/usr/local/psa/bin/mail -l | sed '/^Alias/d' | tr '\t' ' ' | cut -d' ' -f 3-); do
      ./autoresponder --update -mail "$i"
done

Or if you just want to update the autoresponder on mailboxes for a particular domain you could use something like:
Bash:
#!/bin/bash

for i in $(/usr/local/psa/bin/mail -l | sed '/^Alias/d' | tr '\t' ' ' | cut -d' ' -f 3-); do
        if [[ $i == *"@domain.com" ]]; then
             ./autoresponder --update -mail "$i"
        fi
done

I've just created these script from the top of my head and from snippets here on the forums. Test first for before using in production. If you have a lot of mailboxes than the script might take a while to finish.

Last edited:
Thank you, Rasp, for your response. All mailboxes belong to one domain.
I think the second script will do. It will take 3 to 4 hours - 10,700 mailboxes -:)

Back