• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Autoresponder needs ability to reply to "reply-to" field

B

bensontrent

Autoresponders need the ability to reply to correct e-mail address.

I have produced a form with FrontPage and setup the user's e-mail address as the reply-to feild. On submit, Frontpage generates an e-mail. The plesk autoresponder is setup to respond, but an error is generated because the user's e-mail address is not used.

The forms in frontpage produce an e-mail with this header (with fake e-mail addresses):

From: [email protected] <<<Plesk Autoresponder always responds to this e-mail address field.
To: [email protected]
Reply-to: [email protected] <<<Correct Email autoreponder should use.
Subject: Website Request from: General Info

Problem is, the autoresponder in PLESK won't use the reply-to line--It will only work with the "From" line...Which frontpage generates as [email protected]

Is there anyway to get around this...either from the frontpage angle or through plesk? Am I going to have to scrap my frontpage forms and use php?

If plesk simply allowed the autoresponder to use the reply-to line (which is more logical), It would save a lot of users a lot of pain.

Also, the ablity to use simple HTML in an autoreponder would be very helpful.

I love how this program is supported, Thinking I shouldn't buy it.

I too have the same problem. Figures this thread is old too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. I ended up using the Form Mail script. I had to junk my frontpage form proccessing. The frontpage experts said there's no way around it.

SWsoft-- Are you listening???

This feature has been suggested in a few suggestion posts before, so hopefully it will get added soon.

Back