• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Awstats and Plesk again

Heyyas, I want AWSTATS to update every night so i stuck this line in my crontab... is this correct?

08 3 * * * root /usr/local/awstats/tools/awstats_updateall.pl now -configdir=/etc/awstats/

Thanks...

Originally posted by mian
i patched my awstats maillogconvert.pl so it will only get the relevant entries for the users domain, you will have todo the same if you wish todo mail stats.
I noticed that you added an extra parameter with the domain name)

Would you be so kind to post your patched version?

Thanks!

I was trying to find a way for maillogconvert.pl to only grab relevant entries, any help on this would be appreciated!

re: vhost_ssl.conf creation and mailconvert.pl

Thanks to those that posted the script, someone should make into a sticky HowTo post...

So, I got everything installed and knowing nothing about scripting don't have a solution for the if statements not creating the vhost_ssl.conf file on domain creation. My question is, is this file EVER created by Plesk when installing a domain? I ask because I cp'd the script to a separate file specifically for new domain creation and removed the if statement so that it will just create the vhost_ssl.conf by default (I will include SSL in all new domains). Any downside to this?

Next question is about the mail log bit. When I run the update pl, everything processes correctly except the maillog and I get the following error for each domain configured:

Code:
With data in log file "/usr/local/awstats/tools/maillogconvert.pl vadmin mydomain.com < /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog.processed |"...
Can't open mydomain.com: No such file or directory at /usr/local/awstats/tools/maillogconvert.pl line 222.

Ok, the maillog.processed does exist and has root:root rw-r----- permissions which shouldn't be a problem since the script is run as root. So, here's line 222 of the maillogconvert.pl

Code:
while (<>) {

Hmmm.. is this supposed to contain a variable of some sort? I checked the mail conf. files in /etc/awstats and they look to be correct. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, and that doesn't even get to my "so now how do I edit mallogconvert.pl to show entries for the users domain only?" question...

Seriously, any ideas on this are appreciated even if it is just a link to the proper documentation, I am trying to learn and appreciate any help! IOW, don't bash/ignore the n00b, please?!

Back