• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

awstats browser updating

T

thingwarbler

I've set up a domain with access to awstats via a browser, and enabled the "update now" button to allow my client to see refreshed data. However, whenever the button is clicked an error message pops up:

Code:
Error: Couldn't open server log file "C:\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\db\tmp507.tmp" : No such file or directory
Setup ('C:\Inetpub\vhosts\xxx.org\statistics\webstat\AWStats\cgi-bin/awstats.xxx.org.conf' file, web server or permissions) may be wrong.

I can't find any documentation anywhere of how PLESK handles awstats config files -- obviously, it's choosing to point to some internal PLESK file instead of the actual domain log files, but the naming standard seems odd, given that it's setting up the config file to point to a .tmp document that doesn't exist.

Can anybody give me any guidance as to how I get the "update now" feature enabled for domains under PLESK?

There are also significant issues with dropped log file analysis -- some days are plain old missing from the awstats output, yet the log file is clearly there in the domain's \log directory. Since PLESK appears to override much of awststs inner workings, how do I refresh the stats so that all logs are included?

Back