• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue awstats issue in obsidian?

sebgonzes

Silver Pleskian
Hi all

Today, I have recieve the claim of one of our client that have not statistic the last 2 month but yes before.
I review all, and trying to recalcul his statistic, find that AWSTATS_BIN_D/AWSTATS_TOOLS_D was wrong in /etc/psa/psa.conf

AWSTATS_BIN_D /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin
AWSTATS_TOOLS_D /usr/share/awstats/tools

and should be

AWSTATS_BIN_D /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats
AWSTATS_TOOLS_D /usr/share/awstats

=>
How to recalculate AWStats web-statistics using domain logs for previous months in Plesk
Unable to open AWStats web statistics page in Plesk: 404 Not Found The requested document was not found on this server

What is the reason of this wrong change in psa.conf?

I had to reinstall awstats because the one I had on the server was the 3rd party repo.. So after excluding the 3rd repo awstats, uninstalling and reinstalling. I'm getting:

Code:
# ./rebuild_awstats.sh kalfaoglu.net
=== kalfaoglu.net
WARNING: domain kalfaoglu.net does not exist or has non-AWstats statistics engine. Skipping...

I still have no awstats info on the plesk hosting pages.. Btw, it was NOT available from plesk obsidian installer -- I had to do a yum install awstats manually.
and it did install the PLESK version, I checked..

Hi all

Today, I have recieve the claim of one of our client that have not statistic the last 2 month but yes before.
I review all, and trying to recalcul his statistic, find that AWSTATS_BIN_D/AWSTATS_TOOLS_D was wrong in /etc/psa/psa.conf

AWSTATS_BIN_D /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin
AWSTATS_TOOLS_D /usr/share/awstats/tools

and should be

AWSTATS_BIN_D /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats
AWSTATS_TOOLS_D /usr/share/awstats

=>
How to recalculate AWStats web-statistics using domain logs for previous months in Plesk
Unable to open AWStats web statistics page in Plesk: 404 Not Found The requested document was not found on this server

What is the reason of this wrong change in psa.conf?

This has been an ongoing discussion here, too. As in the article and comments of https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...AH01630-client-denied-by-server-configuration

Plesk staff say, things in Plesk are right. But we had several servers, all CentOS based, where the paths were not right and had to be corrected manually. We've seen difference in servers that were coming from Plesk 12.0 to the ones that were installed recently with either an Onyx 17.5 or Obsidian 18.x. We've never found out why the paths are set correctly on some systems and not on others.

All of our servers are default installations of CentOS and Plesk with no modifications or manual package installs of AWstats, yet several behaved differently.

This has been an ongoing discussion here, too. As in the article and comments of https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...AH01630-client-denied-by-server-configuration

Plesk staff say, things in Plesk are right. But we had several servers, all CentOS based, where the paths were not right and had to be corrected manually. We've seen difference in servers that were coming from Plesk 12.0 to the ones that were installed recently with either an Onyx 17.5 or Obsidian 18.x. We've never found out why the paths are set correctly on some systems and not on others.

All of our servers are default installations of CentOS and Plesk with no modifications or manual package installs of AWstats, yet several behaved differently.
I checked my server and the paths were correct.. AlmaLinux, Obsidian.. But the awstats was the wrong kind (Fedora), and I cannot find anything referring to awstats in the PLESK GUI.. So, people can't see their stats or modify anything about them.

Back