• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

awstats not working after plesk restore

B

bob2

I had a hardware failure on one of our plesk servers. I was able to use a backup that was created before the problems started. But now when the plesk statistics run it gives the following error message.

Error 2 at Open file 'C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\AWStats\wwwroot\cgi-bin\awstats.model.conf': The system cannot find the file specified.

I had tried to disable stats for all the sites that were using webstats and then re-enabling stats for those sites but the same error message comes up. Any ideas anyone.

Ok I have made a little progress with my problem. I have another plesk windows server running the exact setup. I have copied the following folders and files from the c:\program files\swsoft\plesk\additional\awstats\wwwroot\cgi-bin\ directory

Folders
>>lang
>>lib
>>plugins

Files
>>awredir.pl
>>awstats.conf
>>awstats.model.conf
>>awstats.pl

The issue now is that when the files are copied over and I run the statistices.exe the statistics are compiled correctly. But if I run the statistics.exe within a few minutes again it returns the following error message about the webstat folder for a random domain name

Run-Time error: Error 183 at Create the directory 'C:\inetpub\vhosts\domain name\statistics\webstat\AWStats': Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

any ideas anyone??
any help would be greatly appreciated.

OK I have gotten the problem fixed if anyone has this problem. My server was running version 7.5.3. The config files for awstats would disappear when the statistics.exe was run and if I tried to run it a second time it would complain that the file was not there. I remembered that the statistics.exe was updated for a problem with webstats that many people were having that were running version 7.5.3. I re-installed the updated statistics.exe and corresponding config files and this fixed the problem.

Back