• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup all sites

I have taken a look at the Shell utility for backup... IT IS NO GOOD! You can argue Shell is more pro than GUI, but this facts remain:

1. You have no option any more to make changing ending on backup like backup_1, backup_2. You can just choose one name, so the old file is owerwritten, so I can not have more than one backup file :-(

2. There is no option to exclude files from domains any longer.

this blows big time...
for one... i don't see any web based backup utility.....
i then decided to try out the command line utility.... which is fine I suppose...
I ran pleskbackup --server and all my sites were disabled for over usage
WTF is that.... also... where the hell did it put the backup file

Gentlemen,

Actually GUI backup/restore tool is dropped since Parallels Plesk Panel (PPP) 9. You should either use command-line tool or web based interface.

It would be good to get your feedback about new interface usability. I realize that now there are a number of annoying bugs in a new version of the product. However we will try to fix the most of backup/restore issues in the next update.

where is this misterious web based interface?
I logged into my control panel as admin.... i click settings and the only thing I see that refers to backups is backup settings under general

please use backup utility which is located in %plesk_dir%\Backup\ folder. Please see for more information at:
http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.0-backup-cli-guide/

Has anyone even tried reading that thing...
I live in the United States and speak english... i do not speak ruski
also.. it say right in the guide there is a gui.... i can't find it though...

Backup and restoration are among the most critical processes of hosting environment management. Parallels Plesk Panel provides graphical user interface (GUI) and command line interface (CLI) solutions to perform backup and restore tasks.

Back