• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup and Quota

UweP

Regular Pleskian
Hi all. I have 2 problems:

Firstly I wonder if there is any possibility to limit the number of cores the plesk backup zipping tool uses? This pigz takes up all my CPU. Is there any way I can reduce the amount of cores it uses because all my websites are down every time a backup takes place for around 3 minutes.

Secondly I get the following in my syslog:
1 baby plesk sendmail[20189]: Error during 'check-quota' handler

I don't know what is wrong. I think it's since the upgrade to Plesk 12. I now have 12.0.18 Update #13.

Thank you for your help! :)

It's saying something like:
Aug 20 06:34:52 baby check-quota filter[25480]: Some args not defined. Use /opt/psa/handlers/hooks/check-quota <CONTEXT> <FROM> <RECIPIENTS_LIST>
Aug 20 06:34:52 baby plesk sendmail[25479]: handlers_stderr: Some args not defined. Use /opt/psa/handlers/hooks/check-quota <CONTEXT> <FROM> <RECIPIENTS_LIST>
Aug 20 06:34:52 baby plesk sendmail[25479]: Error during 'check-quota' handler

Would be really nice if someone could help me.

I've done whats written there but I still get the same errors:

1 baby check-quota filter[22178]: Some args not defined. Use /opt/psa/handlers/hooks/check-quota <CONTEXT> <FROM> <RECIPIENTS_LIST>
1 baby plesk sendmail[22177]: handlers_stderr: Some args not defined. Use /opt/psa/handlers/hooks/check-quota <CONTEXT> <FROM> <RECIPIENTS_LIST>
1 baby plesk sendmail[22177]: Error during 'check-quota' handler

I solved the problem restoring the file /var/lib/plesk/mail/handlers/handlers.db and the /usr/local/psa/handlers/ directory with a backup made before the upgrade.

I don't know if this is a "safe" solution.

Hello UweP,

the first suggestion is to update your Plesk version and re-install the latest patches:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Afterwards, you could use the Plesk integrated Mailchecker and restore some basic settings:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

If this still didn't help, I would suggest to use the Plesk bootstrapper, which repairs a lot of issues and/or misconfigurations:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Back