• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Errors & Backup Questions

L

lesfenison

When attempting a backup from the client control panel, I click on BackupNow and get this error..

Error: Unable create backup session: Malformed XML:

I am doing it as an FTP backup and have configured the FTP. Does anyone know what is with this error?

I am a newbee to Plesk. Maybe there is a better way to back up the server than using backupmng and the scheduled backups??? How does this compare to just using the commandline version of pleskbackup from cron?

How would one find out exactly what is being backed up? The file format doesn't appear to be something that can be read with tar or anything like that, what format is being used?

Look for any logs in /var/lib/psa/dumps, in particular for agent_runner.log

And install all available updates for Plesk

Hi,

Did you ever figure this out? I am running into the exact same error when running the FTP Backup from Plesk. The error only occurs for the FTP Repository backup; local backup works fine.

My hosting company will not support this, and your post is the only reference that I can find anywhere on the web. Yikes.

Please let me know if you were able to solve the error and what you did to do it.

Thanks,
Matt

Solved

Deleting everything in /var/lib/psa/dumps/ solved this problem!

Back