• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup? how!!

G

garooh

Hello
how can i backup all my clients data and databases in an easy way that can be restored back also in easy way.. from the control panel?

:rolleyes:

Thanks.

So, for a full gzip compressed backup on 7.5.4:

/usr/local/psa/bin/psadump -F --nostop --nostop-domain --do-not-dump-logs --tar-ignore-failed-read --force -f - | gzip | split -b1000m - /backup/psa-full-nostop-gzip.

To restore a full gzip compressed backup on 7.5.4:

1) Create Map File:
cat /backup/psa-full-nostop-gzip.* | gzip -d | /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -m map_file -s shells_map_file -f -

Check the maps_file and shells_map_file for collisions and fix using nano.

2) Restore Backup Files
cat /backup/psa-full-nostop-gzip.* | gzip -d | /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -m map_file -s shells_map_file -f -

Can someone tell me why the "| split -b1000m" command option doesn't work?
How do you guys do to split the backup?

Works for me, are you specifting the name of the dump, ala?

| split -b1000m -file_name.

You must specify the name of the file with a "." behind it so that the dump files will be named file_name.a, file_name.b, etc.

Originally posted by phoenixisp
Works for me, are you specifting the name of the dump, ala?

| split -b1000m -file_name.

You must specify the name of the file with a "." behind it so that the dump files will be named file_name.a, file_name.b, etc.

HI

I tried that. Both:

| split -b1000m -backup_dump.

and
| split -b1000m - backup_file.

The first give the following message from console:
"split: cannot split in more than one way
Try `split --help' for more information."

The second one gives me one large file.

So, what shall I write to make it work?

Just a thought: does it work with ftp backup (remote backup)?

From the documentation:

To create a backup file on the FTP server, use the command ./psadump -f ftp://<login>:<password>@<server>/<dump_file_path>

Originally posted by phoenixisp
From the documentation:

To create a backup file on the FTP server, use the command ./psadump -f ftp://<login>:<password>@<server>/<dump_file_path>

My question was regarding if the | split option works with ftp transfers.

Back