• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Backup on FTP error

Marco_Wh

New Pleskian
Hello, we manage 2 plesk installation, one on CentOS 6.3 and one on Windows 2012 Server.
When we trying to execute a backup on FTP repository (placed on another remote Windows 2012 Server) the backup work fine in Linux but from the plesk on windows we get this error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<execution-result status="error">
<object name="server" type="server">
<message severity="error" code="ApplicationException">
<description>Cannot parse output file 'ftp://xxx.xxxx.it|[email protected]//Win01/' [Uri ftp://xxx.xxxx.it|[email protected]//Win01/ is not based on host xxx.xxxx.it]</description>
<message severity="error" code="ApplicationException">
<description>Uri ftp://xxx.xxxx.it|[email protected]//Win01/ is not based on host xxx.xxxx.it</description>
</message>
</message>
</object>
</execution-result>

We've tried to use same directory/user/password of the linux server but result is the same.
We,ve tried to shutdown the firewall too, and we manage to upload a file manually from powershell.

Suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I think that problem in "|" symbol in Uri. Try to change it to "/"

Just thought I would reply with my solution in case anyone ran into same thing as there are not too many posts on this. FYI that I changed the names and domains below.

<description>Cannot parse output file 'ftp://[email protected]//SERVER-CGL-MKT-P01/PLESK/' [Uri ftp://[email protected]//SERVER-CGL-MKT-P01/PLESK/ is not based on host server-cgl-mgt-p01.local.ca]</description>

To fix, I went into backup manager and changed the FTP server name to be all lower case, which fixed the problem. The code must be changing the host server to lower case for its compare and then not matching against original uppercase text. Either way, that was the fix.

Back