• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Backup problems after upgrade 8.6 --> 9.2.1

M

Marco Jakobs

Dear all,

after upgrading my Plesk from 8.6 to 9.2.1 i have some problems with the backup manager.

First of all, my scheduled backup tasks were gone after the upgrade, or better: they were not visible in the backup manager. After i recreated all my tasks, i noticed that
- The old tasks are still active somewhere, because i got 2 backups each day (at the old time and at the "new" time)
- The limitation of 3 backup files, which i have set, is somehow ignored.

Yesterday i manually created a backup of a domain which i had to restore 2 hours later. But the restore won't work, the error message was: "Component Miva support was not installed".

Although i installed the "MIVA Empresa support" in the "updates" section, the restore failed with the same message.

I think there has something messed up during the upgrade of Plesk. Maybe the "old" 8.6 backup manager seems to be somehow active (or its tasks), on the other hand the "new" backup manager will not work (see the restauration fault).

Does anybody have any ideas how to get rid of this?

- Delete the old 8.6 tasks (where?)
- Un- and Reinstall the backup manager of 9.2.1 to fix the other problems?

Any help is highly appreciated ;-)

Back