• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Reader for Windows

R

ravenmagneto

I'm looking for some sort of utility that would allow me to take a backup file created in Plesk 7.5 Reloaded for Linux, and show a browsable file structure simular to Windows Explorer. With cPanel, all I had to do was open the tar.gz file in WinRAR, I am wishing it was that easy with Plesk!!

Edit: Correction! Want to read a backup file created in Plesk for LINUX not Windows.

I was searching for a tool like you describe some months ago but didn't found anything...
Would be happy if anyone could tell how to open a backup outside of Plesk.

You would probably get better responses if you posted this in the Plesk for Windows section. This section is for Linux/UNIX.

Originally posted by phoenixisp
You would probably get better responses if you posted this in the Plesk for Windows section. This section is for Linux/UNIX.

True, but its a backup created from the Linux Plesk I want to access, hence why I posted it here. I made a mistake when I posted that I am trying to read a backup file form the Windows version. I apologize.

I don't know if Windows Plesk has a different backup system or not.

View backup files with winzip

I've tested this witk backup created with Plesk 7.5.5 for Windows and opened with WinZip10 ...

1. Change the backup file extension to .mime

2. Open with WinZip 10

You can seel all files and file structure and extract whatever you want !

Back