• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup stops

Jerry3

Basic Pleskian
Server backups does the work 17% and then it stops, but the progress bar doesn't show failed until I reboot the rerver. Where can I find a log what is happening?

I found this in the log:

[06:01:09|INFO: 4340:p.log] index item for guid '7D9DE473-1AEA-4338-A62F-A94D7DBAED0F' not found
[06:01:09|INFO: 4340:p.log] Search object dirs
[06:01:09|INFO: 4340:p.log] '.discovered' directory for 'domain' '7D9DE473-1AEA-4338-A62F-A94D7DBAED0F' not found
[06:01:09|INFO: 4340:p.log] pmm-ras finished. Exit code: 0

Is that why it stops?

I tried to use it and it freezes also, never stops :-(

I have bought a NEW server and installed NEW Plesk 11 on it (still 19 days trial), piut my 40 domains on it, and tried to make server back up. Freezes (stops) again at 10.29%, backed up 2 domains and then stops.

I am a little angry by now, because clearly there is some fault in plesk 11, I never had problems like this before. And my plesk now is 1 day old, should have back up ok, I have not installed or changed anything like I did before on the old server (updated mysql manually etc.).

I tried to use it and it freezes also, never stops :-(

I have bought a NEW server and installed NEW Plesk 11 on it (still 19 days trial), piut my 40 domains on it, and tried to make server back up. Freezes (stops) again at 10.29%, backed up 2 domains and then stops.

I am a little angry by now, because clearly there is some fault in plesk 11, I never had problems like this before. And my plesk now is 1 day old, should have back up ok, I have not installed or changed anything like I did before on the old server (updated mysql manually etc.).

Look at "Plesk Backup Manager" section here http://kb.parallels.com/111289 and try to troubleshoot it. It is very difficult to say what is wrong there without deep investigation.

Yes, but this situation to have a freeze should never happen... You have already suggested to look at log, I can it to you fully (it contains my domains so I would not post it here), it shows nothing out of ordinary. No fatal error or something.

Please click one of the Quick Reply iconOk, I got it working now, but this is your bug. You should use the client mysql to dump database not the mega old version from 2006 that you use.

Thank you for all your help.

but this is your bug. You should use the client mysql to dump database not the mega old version from 2006 that you use.
Sorry, I do not understand what sort of bug here? Could you please clarify with more details?

You have a bug in your software as you use the old mysqldump from mysql 4.x but on 5.1, 5.5 and 5.6 some tables are not dumped anymore with mysqldump v 4.x, so the whole thing freezes. I seem to use such triggers, tables, procedures, don't know what.

If you support mysql 5.x, you should use dump for 5.x not 4.x branch.

It's a bug.

Back