• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup to Amazon S3

Cliffsta

New Pleskian
Hi,
I am attempting to backup from mediatemple Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 to an S3 bucket. I have followed all the Plesk guidance from Configuring Remote Storage ; yet I am getting a standard error from within Plesk:

"Error: The backup process failed: Not enough free disk space to backup selected objects. At least 3354.17 MBytes free disk space is required."

I did however manage to backup just the domain Config (71.6kb) - And verified on the S3 console that the file did indeed backup successfully.

Perhaps I am a bit inexperienced but is it required to set the bucket to handle files say over 3GB? Or is there just an issue with sending large files via plesk to S3. I note that there is an option to make a multipart but tried setting this to 500Mb and it also failed.

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks! Cliff

Hi folks,

I did manage to solve this myself; and am posting a solution in case anyone else comes across this issue.
There is an overall server settings for backup manager where you have to select a variable. Consult this list below and the attached images.

1.) Navigate to Plesk Tools and Settings under top level server management (Not domain or subscription specific)
2.) Select backup manager under "Tools & Resources" (image 1 below)
3.) Select settings (image 2 below)
4.) Ensure "Start the backup only if your server has the sufficient amount of free disk space (this option may significantly increase the backup time)" is DESELECTED (image 3 below)
5) Try the backup again, I was able to put a 5.5Gb file easily enough.

Thanks! Cliff

As3Step0.jpg As3Step1.jpg As3Step2.jpg

Back