• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup

I

iLLuSi0nS

My host promised a backup utility for Plesk but after i purchased they said they don't have that feature individually per client or per domain. the icon "Backup" is grayed out in my Plesk control panel. Does anyone know what i can do because its very important that i backup individual clients files and mysql databases.
Thanks

If you just have control panel access and the host has blocked the backup feature from you, then you are stuck. I would suggest changing hosts.

If you have SSH terminal access and the right permissions then you can run "pleskbackup" from the command line.

Either way, they promised you something they didn't deliver, are you sure you can trust them on everything else?

its a VPS and i have already signed a contract for a year. I am happy with the service, just not the backup situation. I have full access. How would u backup the users individually via command line? Thanks for the reply

create a script with the following:

# Full backup of system
date=`/bin/date +%F`

(this will backup all domains without storing details for each client account with the date added on)
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --domains backupfilename_$date

(this will backup all clients and their sites with the date added on)
/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --clients backupfilename_$date

(this will backup individual domains with the date added on)
echo 'domainname.tld' | /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --domains pathtostorebackups/domainname_$date -list -

(This will backup individual clients and their domains with the date added on)
echo 'clientname' | /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --clients pathtostorebackups/clientname_$date -list -

Back