• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backupmng database issue

AlisonP

New Pleskian
I've recently started administrating this server and noticed that backupmng isn't working and hasn't been for some time.
After taking a closer look backupmng produces the error:
backupmng: Unable to fetch backup tasks from database: Unknown column 'backup_time' in 'where clause'
Unfortunately this doesn't tell me much about where in the (mysql) psa database it's looking or why and I haven't managed to find any information to help with this.

Does anyone have any suggestions/has anyone else had this problem?

Also it appears cron was set to run this 4 times a minute - that seems more than a little extreme - is it perfectly reasonable for me to change it to run daily at 3am or something instead? This way we still have fairly regular backups and it won't affect server load and important times.

(We are running plesk 9.2.3 by the way)

Last edited:
I have managed to solve this; I simlply added a backup_time and backup_day column to the BackupsScheduled table (time and date datatypes, NOT NULL).
This can be done with
ALTER TABLE psa.BackupsScheduled ADD backup_time time NOT NULL;
It then complained that the column 'last' could not be null so I changed the column attributes to allow this then input a fake date afterwards. (Format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS). I then changed "last" to be NOT NULL again, using:
ALTER TABLE psa.BackupsScheduled CHANGE last last datetime NULL;
and then
UPDATE psa.BackupsScheduled SET last='2010-08-01 02:00:00'

Back