• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backups to remote Curl times out

AlvinCharles

New Pleskian
Since upgrading to 12 (Linux) all backups to remote storage now cause timeout in curl. Is it possible to change the timeout anywhere?

To be more precise, when testing FTP settings receive this error:

Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: Timeout was reached

Last edited:
What is FTP server do you have for backup? Version? What is OS version on your Plesk server?
Thanks.

Please enable debug logging, repeat backup again and send to me in private message pmmcli.log and migration.log. In debug mode all FTP commands are logged. Using this information we can see on which stage the timeout occurs.

Last edited:
I did a manual backup again. I thought pmmcli.log was already in debug for manual backups? No ftp details there. How do I put into debug?

remote ftp server: unknown, using adrive.com service. believe os is linux.
plesk is linux v12 up to date.

I suppose you are using pleskbackup utility to make a manual backup. This utility has a special option for verbose logging, use -vvvvv
Another way is to enable debug logging in configuration files:
- rename /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/panel.ini.sample to panel.ini and uncomment the following lines:
[debug]
enabled = on
[log]
filter.priority = 7

pmmcli.log only contains calls to internal utilities. migration.log contains FTP transaction log

ok I sent you the logs a couple days ago, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I looked migration.log :
INFO: index item for guid 'xxxxx-d37e-4f4b-8405-xxxxxxxx' not found

could this be a permissions issue? can't find perhaps its the wrong user?

Last edited:
AlvinCharles, from your logs I see there are bug in pmm-ras utility. It incorrectly parsed URL where FTP login contains @ symbol. As workaround try to create another FTP user without @ and let me know it helps.
I also created corresponding ticket in bugtracking system. Patch should be prepared for microupdate soon.

AlvinCharles, from your logs I see there are bug in pmm-ras utility. It incorrectly parsed URL where FTP login contains @ symbol. As workaround try to create another FTP user without @ and let me know it helps.
I also created corresponding ticket in bugtracking system. Patch should be prepared for microupdate soon.
I don't have a choice i must use @. I urgently need a solution to this. Anything you can do would be appreciated.

after updating to plesk 12.5 Back manager takes a very long time to appear, and if I try to make a back up in remote server it not works

FTP Storage Settings

(with passive mode)
or withour passive mode and with FTPS enabled after 10 or more minutes...

Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: FTP: couldn't retrieve (RETR failed) the specified file. Server response code: 425. Please, try to use passive mode

help please

1° if password is more than 14 characters you can have same problems (and Plesk not always let you know)
2° if password contains some "geo-local-special" characters (no idea which these special characters are Plesk can have some problem
3° in most of cases the password is "for PLESK" wrong....

in any case I still have some problem in 1 server... :/

SOLVED

in these way
As in passive mode we got

1- setted specific ports for passive mode
/etc/proftpd.conf

than added a new RULE in PLESK FIREWALL allowing all TCP connection on those ports.
Allow incoming from all on port .........-........../tcp

Back