• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backups

R

Ray A

Hi, after our server was upgraded to 8.2 we are unable to logon using plesk (IE7).All our websites are showing and index page for the stats not the index page of the website. I was able to get access once and found BIND dns unable to stat because of a plesk error. I am told I will need to backup the data on the server using ssh, I have putty and can logon to root but as a newcomer to servers I have little idea of how to download the data so it can be restored after a re-image. I would be very grateful of any help:(

Ok so you have Putty and root access?

1) you need to view the Plesk 8.2.0 Backup/Restore user guide... CLICK HERE --> http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/docs/

2) go to the correct plesk bin directory and run the backup tool

3) scp/ftp/usb drive whatever you are using to COPY the backup file to a remote location (having two coppies is better than one) in this case i would also make a copy on a cd or dvd if possible

4) go the correct plesk bin directory and run the plesk restore tool

5) if in a perfect world, your restore should be complete!

Back