• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Bad Gateway 502 / File not found NGINX, unable to access website or Parallels Plesk

Rahul MISRA

New Pleskian
psa 11.5.30-ubuntu12.04.build115130819.13 Parallels Panel v11.5.30 core files

The problem started with me not being able to access the Parallels Plesk panel for server administration
ERROR BAD GATEWAY 502 NGINX. I tried to restart the MYSQL services and then restarted the server.
I then got a FILE NOT FOUND error on trying to access the Parallels Plesk.

I checked the logs and found the following errors

2016/12/07 10:38:09 [error] 3320#0: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 8X.1XX.1XX.XX, server: , request: "GET /login_up.php3 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi:$

I have restarted the SW-CP-SERVER

I also see the following errors

2016/12/07 10:35:46 [error] 1642#0: *6 directory index of "/opt/psa/admin/htdocs/" is forbidden, client: 8X.1XX.1XX.XX, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "EXTERNAL IP ADDRESS:8443"

2016/12/09 14:21:03 [error] 1644#0: *9 open() "/opt/psa/admin/htdocs/favicon.ico" failed (2: No such file or directory)

This server is also running POSTFIX for emails.

Looking forward to your help!!

Thank you!
Rahul

Hi Rahul MISRA,

pls. be informed about the following facts:

Plesk uses it's own NGINX, which is called "sw-cp-server".
Plesk uses it's own PHP-FPM, which is called "sw-engine".

To investigate, if these services are up und running as expected, pls. consider to use:

/etc/init.d/sw-cp-server status
/etc/init.d/sw-engine status

You are able to locate log - files and configuration files and as well commands how to stop/start/restart a Plesk - related service with the help of the following KB - article:

Sometimes, it is as well a good idea to change the log - level ( TEMPORARILY! ), to get more informations in Plesk - log - files:

In addition, Plesk 11.5.30 comes with the repair - utility "bootstrapper". Example SSH - command ( logged in as user "root" ) to use this utility:

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.5.30-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Each process creates as well a corresponding log - file at "/var/log/plesk", pls. consider to inspect such a log - file to start your investigations, or post it as attachment, so that people willing to you have something to start with.​

Back