• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

badly translated IMAP folders

Frater

Regular Pleskian
I saw the thread "Dutch language totaly messed up into Plesk 10.4.4 " and although this is related that issue is more cosmetic than the problem I'm having.
I wanted an English server, but my boss wanted to even pay money for the mess we got now.

The IMAP folders that are created are totally messed up in Dutch.
It's my opinion these folders shouldn't even be translated, but alas, the programmers of client software (and server) made a total mess of it.

Normally you need these special folders:

Inbox
Sent
Trash
Drafts
Spam

Microsoft Outlook translates these to:

Postvak IN
Verzonden items
Verwijderde items
Concepten
Ongewenste e-mail

Plesk creates folders with "strange" names

Versturen
Prullenbak
Klad
Spam

The first name is a bad translation of "Sent"
"Versturen" means "Sending" not "Sent"
I am not even able to correct this as I can't change the "special folder" for "Sent".
Only for Trash, Drafts and Spam

Could you please change "Versturen" to "Verzonden items" and make this changeable....

You're missing the point here.
The whole idea of having Plesk is that all these things are already well configured.

It's Parallels that needs to correct it and needs to investigate how these folders should be named, so they will at least all have the same name.

As I said in my previous post, this isn't merely cosmetic.

Can we get a satisfying response?

Can we have a reply/fix?

I am not able to change the folder where 'sent items' should be stored.

I think it has something to do with that crappy "horde" although I can't be sure..

[root@ns3 LC_MESSAGES]# pwd
/usr/share/psa-horde/locale/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES
[root@ns3 LC_MESSAGES]# strings horde.mo | grep -i versturen
%s: De afzender van dit bericht is wellicht niet juist. Pas op met hetvolgen van links en het versturen van persoonlijke informatie
Kan bericht niet naar het opgegeven nummer versturen.
Versturen

Last edited:
Nederlandse taal voor Horde

Hallo Frater,

Handiger is als er net zoals in PSA een locale folder is waarin je zelf de taal kunt aanpassen en bewerken.
Zo'n map of bestand is gemakkelijk te kopiëren en zorgt ervoor dat je snel bij een update niet de mist in gaat!
Maar door het update-beleid van Parallels loop je het risico dat een micro-update roet in het eten kan gooien.

Het zou beter zijn als je iets bij de kern kan aanpakken en je via Horde wat kunt bewerkstelligen om daar je contributie te doen voor de Nederlandse taal.
Dan komt dat ook indirect terecht bij Parallels. Ik kan ook vragen of zij voor je een uitzondering kunnen maken en je vertaling bij hun kunt indienen.
Dan lever je zelf via een PM of een Post het vertaalde bestand in en wordt het in de latere versies weergeven.

Ook zie ik een nieuwere versie op http://www.horde.org/download/imp van Horde, ik kan mij voorstellen dat die binnenkort ook via Parallels wordt aangeboden.

Ik lees net net nog snel even een documentje via het internet: http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/TRANSLATIONS.
En ook even op mijn server gekeken waar je dan moet beginnen, je zou een project kunnen starten met *.POT bestand.
Ik zie op mijn server dat er al een 'horde.mo' bestand aanwezig is: /usr/share/psa-horde/locale/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES/horde.mo.

Dus kun je het Nederlands al aanpassen naar jouw hand met PoEdit.
Dat is een snelle en makkelijke manier van werken zonder moeilijkheden met UNIX en een terminal.
Als je dat zou doen moet je ervoor zorgen dat je de hele map 'psa-horde' eerst binnen haalt via "/usr/share/psa-horde" voordat je begint met vertalen.

Alle nodige documentatie staat op de website van Horde en PoEdit.

Ik ben erg benieuwd hoe het wordt, veel succes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dutch translation for future Horde releases

Can we have a reply/fix?

I am not able to change the folder where 'sent items' should be stored.

I think it has something to do with that crappy "horde" although I can't be sure..

Hello Paralells,

Does anybody at Parallels knowing a ETA for Horde 4.0 and IMP H4 v5.0 @ Plesk?

This guy above wants to update a Dutch language file for Horde.
Hopefully will you help him to insert the new translation file into this new version if he sends you an updated language file.

Last edited by a moderator:
---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Linux
10.4.4 Update #7
Linux 2.6.18-274.7.1.el5xen (Xen virtual machine)
Dutch language

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Horde sets the folder where sent items are copied to "Versturen"
This is an incorrect translation for "Sent"
It means "Sending" and not "Sent".
A user that sees this folder would wrongly assume this is a folder where items that still need to be send go to.

It is not possible to change this folder within "Horde"

ACTUAL RESULT

Sent items are placed into the folder "Versturen"

EXPECTED RESULT

Sent items are placed into the folder "Verzonden items"

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for report. I have forwarded it to developers.

Back